Re: [XP] Does a focus on unit tests lead to violating YAGNI?

  • JeffGrigg
    Message 1 of 83 , Sep 27, 2010

      --- Dave Rooney <dave.rooney@...> wrote:
      > Don't call it a stack... call it (with the help of thesaurus.com) an
      > Accumulation, Aggregation, Amassment, Assemblage, Assortment, Bank,
      > Barrel, Buildup, Chunk, Conglomeration, Drift, Gob, Hill, Hoard, Hunk,
      > Jumble, Lump, Mass, Mound, Mountain, Much, Ocean, Oodles, Pack, Peck,
      > Pyramid, Quantity, Shock...
      >
      > Semi-seriously.
      >
      > If the name 'stack' implies behaviour that you don't need,
      > don't call it a stack.

      So which of those names do you think best matches a kind of container where I put objects into it, and get objects out of it, and whenever I get an object out, I should get the one that I most recently put in (and have it removed from the collection). And in this case, it never needs to hold more than ten objects.

      I assert that no matter what word I use, the word is likely to suggest some meaning and usage beyond what I happen to need it to do right now.
    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 83 of 83 , Nov 5, 2010
        Stan,

        On 11/4/10 8:17 PM, Stan wrote:
        > * I want to make a personal paradigm shift to full TDD, as in the
        > bowling example you pointed out.

        Kay gave you some good book recommendations. If you prefer screencasts
        to books, you might check out http://jamesshore.com/Blog/Lets-Play/

        - George

        --
        Nov 15-16 Agile Testing Workshop in Orlando
        http://www.sqe.com/AgileDevPracticesEast/Workshop/