Agile suitability

  • agilejedi
    Message 1 of 232 , Sep 20 8:00 AM
      Use if:
      - Not large-scale
      - less than 10 developers
      - Co-located
      - Low criticality
      - Senior staff
      - Requirements often change
      - Culture thrives on chaos

      The question is - Is the above list correct?

      AJ
    • paul
      Message 232 of 232 , Oct 14, 2010
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

        > It is not like scope and time constraints at such enterprises are really
        > being met now (if so, I say they should not be adopting agile because their
        > current methods are working). So maybe the constraints are invalid.

        Sorry thats a bit of a circular argument - the fact (probability ?) that methods don't deliver actually gives an opportunity for agile to demonstrate superiority.

        > Furthermore, the scope of such projects can be decomposed into smaller
        > projects. Then the coordinating effort becomes one of coordinating
        > projects, not individual developers working on the same large, unwieldy
        > project.

        Indeed, but its coordinating projects where agile is currently weak compared to coordinating individuals. Multiple projects/teams is still better under agile than one massive one - its just that we are still feeling way somewhere when applying agile at this scale.

        Paul.