Re: [XP] What does The Agile Alliance *DO*?

  • Ola Ellnestam
    Message 1 of 370 , Sep 3, 2010
      Apart from the yearly conference, which takes a lot of effort to
      organize, there are a handful of programs:

      http://www.agilealliance.org/programs/

      The conference sponsorship program, which I am the director of, supports
      conferences all around the world. Both financially and with promotional
      stuff. Such as helping them reach a bigger audience and sometimes by
      being there with someone who represents the Agile Alliance.

      Cheers,
      Ola

      JeffGrigg skrev 2010-09-03 14:53:
      > --- Tim Ottinger<linux_tim@...> wrote:
      >> [...] To the extent anyone listens to the Agile Alliance
      >> at all, it is purely out of respect for its members, not
      >> because of any kind of official authority.
      >
      > [Hmmm... So that has me thinking...]
      >
      > So what does The Agile Alliance *DO*?
      >
      > I haven't really been paying much attention to them. I assume that they're up to /something/ potentially useful.
      >
      > OK, so they organize a conference once a year. Darn; I missed it again. Some day I really ought to go to it. It's probably pretty good.
      >
      > And I see that they're a clearinghouse for agile related events.
      >
      > Looks like they've tried to host agile discussion forums -- without much success, from what I see.

      Ola Ellnestam
      Agical AB
      VÀsterlÄnggatan 79, 2 tr
      111 29 Stockholm, SWEDEN

      Mobile: +46-708-754000
      E-mail: ola.ellnestam@...
      Blog: http://ellnestam.wordpress.com
      Twitter: ellnestam
    • Bill Caputo
      Message 370 of 370 , Sep 8, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        > Seems not reading this topic might suffice ... but to each his own
        > ... I guess.

        The problem is that it isn't just one topic - its at least 2 or 3 and
        as near as I can tell constitutes the entire traffic of the list right
        now. Also, I can't not read things, it's a medical condition or
        something...

        > I know Marvin and I am confident that he's trying to do as right a
        > thing as he can.

        I agree with that. The again, the road to hell and all that...

        > I freely grant that I cannot figure out why what we
        > are saying seems to elude him.

        I don't know either. We could ask him, I suppose. But I expect it'll
        just start the whole thing all over again.

        > I suppose we could stop trying, but
        > that seems wrong to me.

        To each his own... I guess ;->

        > I'd say that if the thread ticks you, or
        > anyone, off ... start new ones, respond to other ones, pitch in in
        > other ways.

        Well, as I said, no other threads seem to be going on right now. If I
        can think of something constructive to say, I'll start a new one.
        However, I apologize to the list for venting publicly (and so adding
        to the noise). I'll stick to signal or silence for a while.

        Best,
        Bill