[XP] Re: Software Craftsmanship

  • MarvinToll.com
    Message 1 of 370 , Sep 2 3:33 PM
      Ok Charlie you convinced me.

      [I had thought that since the 'Agile Alliance' is using dues money to translate the Manifesto into 21 additional languages they might aspire to be more than 'responders'.]

      --- Charlie Poole <charlie@...> wrote:

      > Hello Marvin,
      >
      > I don't know what Laurent thinks, but in my view you're putting much
      > too much importance
      > on the Agile Alliance to define what agile is or isn't. I expect a
      > trade association to _respond_
      > to changes in how the trade is carried out, neither more nor less.

    • Bill Caputo
      Message 370 of 370 , Sep 8 8:49 PM
        On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        > Seems not reading this topic might suffice ... but to each his own
        > ... I guess.

        The problem is that it isn't just one topic - its at least 2 or 3 and
        as near as I can tell constitutes the entire traffic of the list right
        now. Also, I can't not read things, it's a medical condition or
        something...

        > I know Marvin and I am confident that he's trying to do as right a
        > thing as he can.

        I agree with that. The again, the road to hell and all that...

        > I freely grant that I cannot figure out why what we
        > are saying seems to elude him.

        I don't know either. We could ask him, I suppose. But I expect it'll
        just start the whole thing all over again.

        > I suppose we could stop trying, but
        > that seems wrong to me.

        To each his own... I guess ;->

        > I'd say that if the thread ticks you, or
        > anyone, off ... start new ones, respond to other ones, pitch in in
        > other ways.

        Well, as I said, no other threads seem to be going on right now. If I
        can think of something constructive to say, I'll start a new one.
        However, I apologize to the list for venting publicly (and so adding
        to the noise). I'll stick to signal or silence for a while.

        Best,
        Bill