Re: [XP] Re: Anyone have success with Principle #11 and low-cost sourcing?

  • Steven Gordon
    Message 1 of 370 , Aug 28, 2010
      http://www.google.com/search?q=jeff+sutherland+distributed+scrum

      On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM, MarvinToll.com <MarvinToll@...>wrote:

      > I am very interested to know about anyone that has had success using the
      > 'Architecture' and 'Design' portion of Principle #11 with global low-cost
      > sourcing.
      >
      > IS ANYONE AWARE OF A SITUATION WHERE THIS HAS BEEN SATISFACTORY???
      >
      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com<extremeprogramming%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello, MarvinToll.com. On Saturday, August 28, 2010, at 12:16:20
      > > PM, you wrote:
      > >
      > > > Unfortunately, I think I'm stuck with Principle #11 as stated...
      > > > and as stated I assert it only works in a very narrow context that
      > > > is increasingly at odds with the reality of the global movement to
      > low-cost software development.
      > >
      > > First, all we know is that you haven't figured out how to scale #11,
      > > not that #11 will not scale.
      > >
      > > Ron Jeffries

    • Bill Caputo
      Message 370 of 370 , Sep 8, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        > Seems not reading this topic might suffice ... but to each his own
        > ... I guess.

        The problem is that it isn't just one topic - its at least 2 or 3 and
        as near as I can tell constitutes the entire traffic of the list right
        now. Also, I can't not read things, it's a medical condition or
        something...

        > I know Marvin and I am confident that he's trying to do as right a
        > thing as he can.

        I agree with that. The again, the road to hell and all that...

        > I freely grant that I cannot figure out why what we
        > are saying seems to elude him.

        I don't know either. We could ask him, I suppose. But I expect it'll
        just start the whole thing all over again.

        > I suppose we could stop trying, but
        > that seems wrong to me.

        To each his own... I guess ;->

        > I'd say that if the thread ticks you, or
        > anyone, off ... start new ones, respond to other ones, pitch in in
        > other ways.

        Well, as I said, no other threads seem to be going on right now. If I
        can think of something constructive to say, I'll start a new one.
        However, I apologize to the list for venting publicly (and so adding
        to the noise). I'll stick to signal or silence for a while.

        Best,
        Bill