[XP] Re: Providing Guidance from an Enterprise to Project Teams that Self-Select

  • MarvinToll.com
    Message 1 of 370 , Aug 8 4:02 PM
      @Ron - I'm prepared to acknowledge that a percentage of 'Agile Alliance' members are well-versed in Article 1 of the bylaws and are very happy with them as written.

      I'm also prepared to assert that I'm not satisfied with the scalability of Principle #11 and the implications for a Successful Large Enterprise (SLE).

      And, I would like the 'Agile Alliance' members to exercise 'Article 2 Section a' of the bylaws:

      "To provide an unbiased forum within which the community can freely work to discuss, promote, and improve agile development processes"

      I'd like to think we have learned a thing or two since 2001 "by doing it and helping others do it" and are not hesitant to formally document what we have learned within Article 1.

      http://www.agilealliance.org/files/8812/7956/6454/ByLaws_rev_07_11_2010.pdf

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > I think most people are pretty satisfied with Agile values and
      > principles. Some people add additional values and principles on
      > their own, and some would propose them, I suppose, for adoption by
      > "all".

    • Bill Caputo
      Message 370 of 370 , Sep 8, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        > Seems not reading this topic might suffice ... but to each his own
        > ... I guess.

        The problem is that it isn't just one topic - its at least 2 or 3 and
        as near as I can tell constitutes the entire traffic of the list right
        now. Also, I can't not read things, it's a medical condition or
        something...

        > I know Marvin and I am confident that he's trying to do as right a
        > thing as he can.

        I agree with that. The again, the road to hell and all that...

        > I freely grant that I cannot figure out why what we
        > are saying seems to elude him.

        I don't know either. We could ask him, I suppose. But I expect it'll
        just start the whole thing all over again.

        > I suppose we could stop trying, but
        > that seems wrong to me.

        To each his own... I guess ;->

        > I'd say that if the thread ticks you, or
        > anyone, off ... start new ones, respond to other ones, pitch in in
        > other ways.

        Well, as I said, no other threads seem to be going on right now. If I
        can think of something constructive to say, I'll start a new one.
        However, I apologize to the list for venting publicly (and so adding
        to the noise). I'll stick to signal or silence for a while.

        Best,
        Bill