Re: Providing Guidance from an Enterprise to Project Teams that Self

  • Marvin D. Toll
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 4:01 AM
      Wow Carlo what a great idea... the notion of comparing metrics for low-cost
      sourcing vs. western high-cost (paired-programming?) code would be an
      interesting exercise.

      Do others agree with the metrics Carlo indicated???

      [Of course the "amount of work not done" would be excluded from this
      metric.]

      _Marvin

      | USA Cell: 248.866.4897

      | Email: <mailto:MarvinToll@...> MarvinToll@...

      | Web: <http://marvintoll.com/> http://MarvinToll.com

      On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:35 AM, MarvinToll.com <
      <mailto:MarvinToll%40gtcgroup.com> MarvinToll@...>wrote:

      > It would be wonderful if I could post working software implemented by some
      > of our distributed teams so that others could verify or disapprove of the
      > quality; unfortunately, I don't have permission.

      if you got a moment, would you have permission to provide the 10 highest
      McCabe complexity peaks from that software? Speaking, of course, of the
      McCabe index cumulated recursively through the whole method chain covering
      the whole system and stopping at third party libraries, not just the McCabe
      of isolated methods.

      It's a very partial (and sometimes misleading) metric, but that already
      would be interesting. Also, object cohesion would be interesting, but that
      would be unsatisfactory as a "top 10" selection, maybe provide an average
      per module?

      It's certainly not working software, but I would be very interested to see
      just these numbers already, as off-shore, high-turnover development
      providing high quality is certainly a curiosity. But if you are busy, no
      worry.

      Thanks in advance.

      Carlo