[XP] Re: Communicating from the Enterprise to Project Teams

  • JeffGrigg
    Message 1 of 370 , Aug 1, 2010
      --- "MarvinToll.com" <MarvinToll@...> wrote:
      > [...] effectively communicate [...] Architecture/Design
      > to self-organized teams?

      --- "MarvinToll.com" <MarvinToll@...> wrote:
      > [...] see how low-cost (high-turnover) sourcing with
      > distributed teams is working now.
      >
      > [...] willing to work for $8 per hour>
      > [...]
      > colocation is not going to happen anytime soon.

      Remarkably low pay. Very high turnover. Widely distributed, with all the communication problems that that causes.

      Does not seem like empowered self-organized teams are really a possibility in this environment.

      Someone has really created some quite severe problems for themselves. A few patches here or there might improve things. ...even dramatically. But it's clear from the turnover that no matter how much "better" things are now than in the past, it's still a really bad situation overall. And it doesn't seem likely that this would change.
    • Bill Caputo
      Message 370 of 370 , Sep 8, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        > Seems not reading this topic might suffice ... but to each his own
        > ... I guess.

        The problem is that it isn't just one topic - its at least 2 or 3 and
        as near as I can tell constitutes the entire traffic of the list right
        now. Also, I can't not read things, it's a medical condition or
        something...

        > I know Marvin and I am confident that he's trying to do as right a
        > thing as he can.

        I agree with that. The again, the road to hell and all that...

        > I freely grant that I cannot figure out why what we
        > are saying seems to elude him.

        I don't know either. We could ask him, I suppose. But I expect it'll
        just start the whole thing all over again.

        > I suppose we could stop trying, but
        > that seems wrong to me.

        To each his own... I guess ;->

        > I'd say that if the thread ticks you, or
        > anyone, off ... start new ones, respond to other ones, pitch in in
        > other ways.

        Well, as I said, no other threads seem to be going on right now. If I
        can think of something constructive to say, I'll start a new one.
        However, I apologize to the list for venting publicly (and so adding
        to the noise). I'll stick to signal or silence for a while.

        Best,
        Bill