Re: [XP] Re: Results are in on organizational culture survey

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 8, 2010
      Slava

      On 7/7/10 3:02 PM, imeshev wrote:
      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Michael Spayd<michael@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Dear XP Community,
      >>
      >> Back in May, I asked for your help doing research on organization culture
      >> and Agile. Thank you so much to all of you who took the survey! After a
      >> longer delay than I anticipated, the results are now in!
      >
      > 120 respondents is a statistically insignificant set. You cannot draw
      > any conclusions from it. If you do, they will be meaningless.

      And how many respondents would be required to achieve statistical
      significance? What level of statistical significance?

      - George

    • Laurent Bossavit
      Message 55 of 55 , Jul 14, 2010
        Hi Paul,
        > Well done! Keeps us all posted. In fact can you tells us more?

        I'm just getting things off the ground at the moment, so I may have
        more to tell in a few months. The initiative is called Institut Agile
        and aims at two things, growing the agile business ecosystem and
        getting agile on the map as a research topic on an equivalent footing
        to "software engineering". The scope is (for now) local to France. One
        of the first items on the roadmap is to start establishing a database
        of projects for the purposes of those longitudinal studies I mentioned
        in the article I posted earlier. Another is to get in touch with
        everyone I can find doing research on agile practices (typically in
        software engineering departments) and put them in touch with each other.

        Cheers,
        Laurent Bossavit
        laurent@...