Re: [XP] Re: Results are in on organizational culture survey

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 7, 2010
      The probability of people on this list responding to a survey is low
      independent of what the survey is trying to measure (Which I totally don't
      get in this case.) Is that what you mean, Ron?

      On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Hello, imeshev. On Wednesday, July 7, 2010, at 3:02:17 PM, you
      > wrote:
      >

      > > 120 respondents is a statistically insignificant set. You cannot
      > > draw any conclusions from it. If you do, they will be meaningless.
      >
      > Bayes' theorem?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > www.xprogramming.com/blog
      > Talent determines how fast you get good, not how good you get.
      > -- Richard Gabriel

    • Laurent Bossavit
      Message 55 of 55 , Jul 14, 2010
        Hi Paul,
        > Well done! Keeps us all posted. In fact can you tells us more?

        I'm just getting things off the ground at the moment, so I may have
        more to tell in a few months. The initiative is called Institut Agile
        and aims at two things, growing the agile business ecosystem and
        getting agile on the map as a research topic on an equivalent footing
        to "software engineering". The scope is (for now) local to France. One
        of the first items on the roadmap is to start establishing a database
        of projects for the purposes of those longitudinal studies I mentioned
        in the article I posted earlier. Another is to get in touch with
        everyone I can find doing research on agile practices (typically in
        software engineering departments) and put them in touch with each other.

        Cheers,
        Laurent Bossavit
        laurent@...