ANN: Webinar: Essential Skills for the Agile Developer 6/16

  • alshalloway
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2010
      This is for those somewhat new to XP and / or Agile.
      Register at http://www.netobjectives.com/free-seminar-schedule/session-5-bdsd-essential-skills-agile-developer-jun-2010-webinar

      Many developers have been suddenly thrown into developing code in stages whereas they used to be able to do bigger designs up front. Many people tell them to do test-driven development and emergent design while ignoring the fact that their work with legacy systems may prevent such actions. In any event, new methods require new skills. At first it may appear that this skill set is huge and daunting. Fortunately, it isn't. One of the things we've learned at Net Objectives is that there are often a few simple things one can do that makes a huge difference. We like to have people start there. We refer to these as trim tabs since they are small things that make a big difference. This webinar introduces some trim tabs for the new agile developer. Outline:

      * How programming by intention results in strong cohesion and loose coupling
      * Why you must consider how you will test your code before writing it
      * Using encapsulation as a design technique

      Primary target audience of session: Developers and testers
      Also useful for: Team leads

      Hope you can come.
      Alan Shalloway
      CEO, Net Objectives