[XP] Re: Shouldnt done include everything.

  • JeffGrigg
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 2, 2010
      --- Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:
      > [...] You do each of those things every day.
      > The last day is not particularly special.

      Exactly.

      Personally, I don't believe in "exploratory testing." If there are bugs to be found, at the end of EVERY SINGLE ITERATION, then that's not the best way to find them. And if there aren't, then it's a waste of time. Asking the developers to do that strikes me as asking them to "try harder." Or worse, to "look busy" for a while, until the iteration ends.

      I strive to do software development at all times that we're not doing planning and retrospective meetings.

      The one thing I really try to STOP teams from doing is doing a big rush on the last day to get all the stories done -- by cutting corners, of course.

      As things "wind down" near the end of the last day of a sprint, I typically...
      - Write more tests.
      - Refactor.
      - Prepare for the next iteration.

      Thrashing around randomly in the app is not my idea of fun. I expect that I should see plenty of the app during the iteration and during demos of delivered functionality.
    • Adam Sroka
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 9, 2010
        Hi Jeff:

        Are you responding to what Tim wrote below? Or to one of the earlier
        messages that I wrote?

        Anyway, thanks ;-)