Re: [XP] Re: Shouldnt done include everything.

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 2, 2010
      That wasn't as clear as I thought it was when I wrote it:

      If you are doing something that trivially resembles XP then you are
      coding on the last day, and you have integrated everything, *and* you
      have tested everything that could possibly break. You do each of those
      things every day. The last day is not particularly special.

      On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:
      > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM, JackM <jack@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> While I agree that setting the bar high is good. I don't believe realistically that if you stop coding on the last day that you're Done on the last day.
      >>
      >> Not the Done in my books.
      >>
      >> Until you have integrated all the code on that last day and regression tested all the aspects of the code that was changed I don't believe you're done done.
      >>

      > If it is the last day and you haven't integrated the code and
      > regression tested all of it (including the stuff that presumably
      > didn't change) then you are not doing something that resembles what I
      > understand as Extreme Programming.
      >
      >> So in my opinion you have to plan on being code complete and unit test complete at least a couple days prior to end of sprint. That leaves time for exploratory testing you're talking about and time to resolve any issues prior to end of sprint.
      >>

      > Or you work in smaller increments so that these activities take less
      > time per unit of release.

    • Adam Sroka
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 9, 2010
        Hi Jeff:

        Are you responding to what Tim wrote below? Or to one of the earlier
        messages that I wrote?

        Anyway, thanks ;-)