[XP] Re: Shouldnt done include everything.

  • JackM
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 2, 2010
      While I agree that setting the bar high is good. I don't believe realistically that if you stop coding on the last day that you're Done on the last day.

      Not the Done in my books.

      Until you have integrated all the code on that last day and regression tested all the aspects of the code that was changed I don't believe you're done done.

      So in my opinion you have to plan on being code complete and unit test complete at least a couple days prior to end of sprint. That leaves time for exploratory testing you're talking about and time to resolve any issues prior to end of sprint.

      Jack
      blog.agilebuddy.com
      twitter.com/agilebuddy
      www.agilebuddy.com

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Hello, xtremenilanjan. On Tuesday, June 1, 2010, at 10:18:17 AM,
      > you wrote:
      >
      > > This is aside from my original question-
      >
      > > Isn't it setting the bar high - if we expect programmers to keep
      > > programming till the end of the iteration? :-) Do let me know if I
      > > should expect this.
      >
      > Yes, it's setting the bar high. How good do you want to be?
      >
      > > I am thinking more from the point of view of a software product
      > > team
      >
      > Me too.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > www.xprogramming.com/blog
      > If not now, when? -- The Talmud

    • Adam Sroka
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 9, 2010
        Hi Jeff:

        Are you responding to what Tim wrote below? Or to one of the earlier
        messages that I wrote?

        Anyway, thanks ;-)