Call for Short Papers and Posters, ESEM 2010, Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement

  • Succi Giancarlo (P)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2010
      ** APOLOGIZE IF YOU RECEIVE MULTIPLE COPIES**

      CALL FOR PAPERS

      ESEM 2010
      4th Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement
      September 16-17 2010, Bolzano-Bozen, Italy
      http://esem2010.case.unibz.it<http://esem2010.case.unibz.it/>

      IMPORTANT DATES:
      Submission of short papers and posters: June 15, 2010
      Notification: July 10, 2010

      The objective of the IEEE International Symposium on
      Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement (ESEM)
      is to provide a forum where researchers and practitioners can report and
      discuss recent research results in the areas of empirical software engineering
      and software measurement.

      SHORT PAPER PAPERS SUBMISSIONS
      The goal of short papers is to promote current work, research, practices, experiences, and issues. Short papers can also be an early communication of technical work and do not always require complete results as in the case of a journal/conference publication. Authors can introduce new ideas to the community on controversial issues. Short papers are NOT position statements and true to the conference call should have an empirical component/idea. Short papers will be reviewed and those accepted will be published in the proceedings and the Digital Library.

      This year, short papers have a strong focus on case study research. Case study short papers report of (initial) research that has been conducted according to the major case study guidelines

      Short papers must be submitted through the web-based submission system. Short papers must not exceed 4 pages and must be formatted according to the ACM Authoring Guidelines. Case study short papers must be structured according to the provided template (available for latex and word). Author(s) must indicate the type of submission (generic or case study) at the moment of submission (in the comment field).

      POSTER SUBMISSIONS
      The ESEM Poster Sessions provide an excellent forum for authors to present their work in an informal and interactive setting. Posters are ideal for presenting speculative, late-breaking results or for giving an introduction to interesting, innovative work. Poster Sessions separate themselves from the Short Paper Sessions by allowing authors the ability to get immediate, personal feedback from conference attendees during the break sessions as they present their work. Posters also provide conference attendees an opportunity to see emerging work in the field in a more relaxed setting.

      Successful posters are carefully designed to convey technical details. They should also attract the attention of attendees as they stroll past the displays. The goal is to develop a poster that encourages and facilitates small groups of individuals interested in a technical area to gather and interact. Posters that present work in progress and draw important conclusions from practical experience are especially welcome.

      Poster proposals must be submitted through the web-based submission system. Poster proposals must not exceed 1 page and need not be formatted according to ACM authoring guidelines.

      ORGANIZING COMITTEE
      General Chair:
      Giancarlo Succi, Free University of Bolzano-Bozen, Italy

      Short papers and posters chair:
      Barbara Russo

      --------------------
      Barbara Russo
      Center for Applied Software Engineering
      Faculty of Computer Science
      Free University of Bolzano - Bozen
      Domenikanerplatz 3 Piazza Domenicani
      I-39100 Bozen, Italy
      ph: +39(0471)016170 - fax: +39(0471)016-009
      e-mail: Barbara.Russo@...<mailto:Barbara.Russo@...>

      ESEM 2010: http://esem2010.case.unibz.it/
    • Bill Caputo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
        On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Succi Giancarlo (P)
        <Giancarlo.Succi@...> wrote:
        > ** APOLOGIZE IF YOU RECEIVE MULTIPLE COPIES**

        I'm confused - why should I have to apologize if I receive multiple copies?

        Bill