OT: Stock market data

  • Chris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2010
      All,

      I'm looking for a free, periodic (daily, weekly, etc) source of stock market
      data, as comprehensive as possible, for a project I'd like to start. Google
      is muddled with all kinds of red herrings when I do my searches. One site
      duped me into signing up so I could access their data, and then pulled a
      bait-and-switch, telling me the exchange I wanted was a premium service
      offering :(

      Here's what I'm looking for:

      1) Downloadable in either csv or some other documented form
      2) Contains all listings on the exchange
      3) Preferably TSX, but will settle for any major exchange (NYSE, NASDAQ)
      4) Is updated daily

      If anyone has come across this type of data (or is better at googling than I
      am), I'd appreciate a pointer to a site.

      Thanks, and apologies for the interruption,
      Chris.