Re: [XP] Speaker for presentation on great XP teams

  • Cory Foy
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2010
      Hi Gary,

      Gary Brown wrote:
      > The speaker is for an internal conference for all of our teams, so fairly
      > good guess. 8^)

      Yeah, can't imagine how I would have guessed that. ;)

      > To me, each person decides for themselves the level at which they will
      > perform, e.g. the Advanced Beginner in the Dreyfus model. So, what I'm
      > looking to communicate is why it is worthwhile to strive for a higher level
      > of performance. What's in it for them and their Customers? Finally, how to
      > move toward achieving that goal.

      Gotcha. Too often I hear about organizations bringing in "motivational
      speakers" without a clear goal of what they are trying to motivate, or
      how they are going to support a bunch of motivated people. This sounds
      more like a passionate person who knows the difficulty of striving for
      the next level, and the rewards from doing that.

      I think you already have some great names, and I hope you can find a way
      to capture the impact it has.

      --
      Cory Foy
      http://www.coryfoy.com