Re: [XP] Re: Wiki Disuse -- (was: documentation under source control?)

  • Olof Bjarnason
    Message 1 of 16 , May 5, 2010
      2010/5/4 JeffGrigg <jeffgrigg@...>

      > A successful Wiki seems to require a critical mass of active users. It
      > seems to work if you make it a regular part of your defined process, so that
      > people will get into the habit of looking there. And you need at least a few
      > people who work hard to ensure that useful and up-to-date content is put on
      > the Wiki.
      >
      > When everyone seems to be hoping that someone else will update the Wiki
      > content, it will probably fall out of date. "People need to realize... When
      > you see something wrong on the Wiki, fix it. Yes, you can. Just go ahead and
      > fix it. You don't need to hold meetings to discuss it, start a project on
      > it, and to get blessed with official authority. When you see a problem, just
      > fix it. You're empowered. Honest, you are."

      Wikis require a certain kind of people - those who like writing tags &
      stuff. Usually developer-minded people.

      If anyone with less-than-exact writing language is involved, something like
      Etherpad might work better:

      http://typewith.me/
      (typewith.me is one of several Etherpad-hosts)

      --
      http://olofb.wordpress.com