Re: [XP] Deep Concern

  • twitter.com/nfma
    Message 1 of 53 , May 4 11:46 AM
      I just found an interview with Juval in teamagile.com where the first 15 min
      are about his view on software engineering.

      http://www.teamagile.com/interviews/TeamAgileTalk_JuvalAndDavid.mp3

      Nuno

      On 4 May 2010 20:14, KathyVS <kvs@...> wrote:

      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com<extremeprogramming%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > David Carlton <carlton@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Kurt Häusler <kurt.haeusler@...>wrote:
      >

      > > > But the majority of developers ARE monkeys aren't they?
      > >

      > > Seeing that sort of language used to describe other developers bothers
      > me.
      > >
      > > It is time for software development to become a chartered professional
      > > > discipline, requiring a graduate degree, further continuing education,
      > > > society membership and participation, including teaching and mentoring
      > > > responsibilities, just like lawyers, doctors, accountants, and REAL
      > > > engineers.
      > > >

      > > Some of that sounds reasonable to me, some doesn't; I guess that probably
      > > points to a difference in our experiences. I'm curious, did you (or
      > anybody
      > > else who wants to opine) find that your graduate CS coursework was a
      > > particularly valuable mechanism in improving your programming abilities?
      > >
      > > --
      > > David Carlton
      > > carlton@...
      > >

      > Yes, in graduate school I was introduced both functional languages and
      > language concepts. That has made it significantly easier to pick up new
      > languages as needed.
      >
      > -Kathy Van Stone
      > kvs@... <kvs%40acm.org>

    • Israel Antezana
      Message 53 of 53 , May 6 8:13 PM
        Dear Friends of the XP community,
        The Ágiles 2010 Organizing Committee (http://agiles2010.agiles.org/lang/en/) is pleased to invite you to attend our event as a speaker! Our Latin American community of Agile Methodologies wants to hear your ideas, experiences and learn about your working techniques.
        Ágiles 20xx is the flagship conference of the Latin American Agile community.Ágiles 2010 will be the third edition of the conference, featuring keynote speakers Lee Devin and Joshua Kerievsky.
        If you are interested to submit a proposal please check further details here:http://agiles2010.agiles.org/lang/en/programa/call-for-papers/
        Hope to see you in the conference!,
        Ágiles 2010 Organizing Committee

        Israel Antezana R.