Re: [XP] Deep Concern

  • Markus Gaertner
    Message 1 of 53 , May 4, 2010
      On 05/04/10 16:33, fromconcept wrote:
      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries<ronjeffries@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Hello, Markus. On Tuesday, May 4, 2010, at 9:48:37 AM, you wrote:
      >>> Though the story strikes me. Last month a friend told me about a
      >>> changing situation at work. The work is split between the competence
      >>> center, who writes the great architectures and designs, and the monkeys
      >>> outsourced somewhere across the world, who then just need "to type it
      >>> down". A decade of silo-fighting Agile methods, and we're back to
      >>> building up silos. Great thing.
      >>
      >> The fact that some people are wrong (if they are) does not mean that
      >> everyone is wrong. It may mean that those of us who know better are at an
      >> advantage.
      >>

      > Yes, this was exactly my own response. To say all software development must
      > be done one way, or that all developers are monkeys and thats why its the
      > architects role to reign them in, always, is in the very least a profound
      > example of faulty thinking.

      Well, the most serious flaw in the thinking is the fallacy that there is no
      cost attached to exchanging working products between locations. On the
      contrary, Agile's claim for co-location is a direct opposition on that.
      Personally, I like Cockburn's approach on Lean-thinking transferred to software
      development, where unverified decisions are the intermediate working products,
      whose batch sizes should be restricted. Bringing in another set of batch with
      outsourcing, surely increases the number of working queues where unverified
      decisions pile up in your overall process.

      Kind regards
      Markus Gaertner
      http://blog.shino.de
    • Israel Antezana
      Message 53 of 53 , May 6, 2010
        Dear Friends of the XP community,
        The Ágiles 2010 Organizing Committee (http://agiles2010.agiles.org/lang/en/) is pleased to invite you to attend our event as a speaker! Our Latin American community of Agile Methodologies wants to hear your ideas, experiences and learn about your working techniques.
        Ágiles 20xx is the flagship conference of the Latin American Agile community.Ágiles 2010 will be the third edition of the conference, featuring keynote speakers Lee Devin and Joshua Kerievsky.
        If you are interested to submit a proposal please check further details here:http://agiles2010.agiles.org/lang/en/programa/call-for-papers/
        Hope to see you in the conference!,
        Ágiles 2010 Organizing Committee

        Israel Antezana R.