Re: [XP] Deep Concern

  • Markus Gaertner
    Message 1 of 53 , May 4 6:48 AM
      Please keep aware of Spark's Law of Problem Solution ("The chances of solving a
      problem decline the closer you get to finding out who was the cause of the
      problem.")

      Though the story strikes me. Last month a friend told me about a changing
      situation at work. The work is split between the competence center, who writes
      the great architectures and designs, and the monkeys outsourced somewhere
      across the world, who then just need "to type it down". A decade of
      silo-fighting Agile methods, and we're back to building up silos. Great thing.

      Kind regards
      Markus Gaertner
      http://blog.shino.de

      On 05/04/10 15:40, Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > Hello, fromconcept. On Tuesday, May 4, 2010, at 8:44:30 AM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Cut to Monday, 3rd May, 2010: I was sat in a course presented by
      >> a "software legend", who professed on day one that all we need is
      >> a good architect, and the developers, while we would do better to
      >> hire better rather than worse, are essentially nothing more than monkeys.
      >
      > I'd really like to know who this nitwit was.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > www.xprogramming.com/blog
      > Those who believe complexity is elegant or required don't understand
      > the problem. -- John Streiff

    • Israel Antezana
      Message 53 of 53 , May 6 8:13 PM
        Dear Friends of the XP community,
        The Ágiles 2010 Organizing Committee (http://agiles2010.agiles.org/lang/en/) is pleased to invite you to attend our event as a speaker! Our Latin American community of Agile Methodologies wants to hear your ideas, experiences and learn about your working techniques.
        Ágiles 20xx is the flagship conference of the Latin American Agile community.Ágiles 2010 will be the third edition of the conference, featuring keynote speakers Lee Devin and Joshua Kerievsky.
        If you are interested to submit a proposal please check further details here:http://agiles2010.agiles.org/lang/en/programa/call-for-papers/
        Hope to see you in the conference!,
        Ágiles 2010 Organizing Committee

        Israel Antezana R.