Re: [XP] What are the characteristics of a great XP team?

  • Ilja Preuß
    Message 1 of 72 , Apr 29 3:05 AM
      Yes, I wasn't responding directly to you, but to the notion in
      general. Sorry for not making that clear.

      But I'm not even convinced that "necessary" is universially true.
      Sure, the way most businesses are set up it looks like it is, but
      couldn't it be different? Especially at the product level?

      Cheers, Ilja

      2010/4/29 Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>:
      > Hello, Ilja.  On Thursday, April 29, 2010, at 1:37:49 AM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Frankly, I think this obsession with a pure focus on money that's
      >> prevalent in our businesses is an illness. But that's perhaps too
      >> philosophical to still be on-topic...
      >
      > Didn't say PURE. Said NECESSARY.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > www.xprogramming.com/blog
      > Yesterday's code should be as good as we could make it yesterday.
      > The fact that we know more today, and are more capable today,
      > is good news about today, not bad news about yesterday.

    • Chris Wheeler
      Message 72 of 72 , May 1, 2010
        On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

        > On most days, I wouldn't go there. I do not consider "doing XP" or
        > "being great at XP" to be particularly good targets.

        Which is the same message I've heard from wise managers - they consider
        shipping great software, when the customer wants it, to be a good target. I
        recall years ago when I started doing XP a VP telling me that he didn't much
        care if we were the best in the world at XP or the worst, as long as we were
        the best in the world at shipping software that our customers would want.

        Chris.