Re: [XP] Kai Gilb: 7 truths about Agile and Scrum that people don't want to hear

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 4, 2010
      > However, "Agile has a FATAL flaw which is adressed by idea X which
      > I've been advocating" is a marketing tactic. Please give me idea X
      > without the faux-skeptic message.

      I think that's just another way to say "Agile fails to promote my
      business model."

      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/

    • paul
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 9, 2010
        Clearly the author has difficulty understanding plain English.

        The only part of it that I thought had any merit whatsoever was the notion that agile is "developer centric". Well so what ??, happy developers are productive developers.

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Sebastian" <paymentexpert@...> wrote:

        > First I thought this would be the usual rant but there is more to it than I initially thought:
        >
        > http://gilb.com/blogpost111-7-truths-about-Agile-and-Scrum-that-people-don-t-want-to-hear-Part-0-of-7
        >
        > The goal is really to aid the user and not to produce working software. The latter is just a precondition, not the goal for the stakeholders such as the users of the software.
        >
        > Maybe Agile should step to the next level: From creating working software to create solutions that help the stakeholders meet their individual goals.
        >
        > What do you think?
        >
        > Sebastian Kübeck

      • Steve Ropa
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 10, 2010
          I honestly don't agree that agile is "developer centric". In enables developers greatly , but the underlying message continues to be that we are developing the software that *provides business value*.

          The other part of his rant that I just don't understand is his assertion that agile hampers creativity. How could a sentence on a card that starts a conversation about a feature possibly be more restrictive than a 30 page document with a list of "shalls" and "shall nots"?