Re: Task Underestimation and Overestimation

  • Andrew Wall
    Message 1 of 135 , Feb 27, 2010
      Not on a breadboard, but a previous boss of mine developed RF designs
      (approx 100-400MHz) in a 'christmas tree' fashion over a copper board, which
      meant the circuit designs were quite malleable. But, I agree, some RF
      technologies in the GHz and above range, I'm guessing, need 'final' hardware
      to be built to see if they work, which then gets thrown away once the next
      version has been tested, and so on.

      When I was designing analogue and digital circuits, I often wished for all
      components to be variable so I could tweak the values while the circuit was
      'running' and when it was right, write down all the numbers, rather than
      powering down, replacing one or more components, powering up, attaching
      probes again etc.

      Andrew Wall (aka quamrana)
      Still not doing XP

      "CHRIS BROWN" <knightstreet@...> wrote in message
      No RF (Radio) design that I know of can be developed on a breadboard.
      Technology has advanced a long way and maybe a spike would be carried out on
      a breadbord for a concept but some circuits just will not work on a
      breadboard.