Re: [XP] xp and remote workers

  • Bill Kelly
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 25, 2010
      Kent Beck wrote:
      > Screen sharing is not ideal--it would be better to have local editing
      > with near-real-time reconciliation.

      As I recall, John A. De Goes announced a collaborative remote pairing
      application with that capability awhile back on this list.

      Here's the post... (hard to believe two years have elapsed since then!)

      (Oh... wait... I see Kent is already quoted on the Testimonials page
      on http://n-brain.net/una_ide.html ... )

      Regards,

      Bill
    • paul
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 9, 2010
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Heinrich Breedt <heinrichbreedt@...> wrote:

        > No worries mate.
        >
        > I actually did some research into it. I guess what im wondering is, if
        > anyone is doing remote pairing, or distributed agile, do they have any tips
        > as far as technology that would make it easier.

        Not a technology tip but - I'm leading a split team here. One thing we do is try to work on the stories that are challenging (in the sense that they have lots of subtle nuances or edge cases) onshore and then feed derivative stories or stories with more clear cut requirements to the offshore team.