Re: [XP] Task Underestimation and Overestimation

    Message 1 of 135 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hello, CHRIS. On Tuesday, February 2, 2010, at 12:06:01 PM, you
      wrote:

      > I need a measure of predictability so that I can prove that the
      > method works to my managers.

      I say the following with love.

      If I wanted to prove that a method worked, I would base my proof on
      things that actually DO work about the method. Estimation is not one
      of those things.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      The work teaches us. -- Richard Gabriel
    • Andrew Wall
      Message 135 of 135 , Feb 27, 2010
        Not on a breadboard, but a previous boss of mine developed RF designs
        (approx 100-400MHz) in a 'christmas tree' fashion over a copper board, which
        meant the circuit designs were quite malleable. But, I agree, some RF
        technologies in the GHz and above range, I'm guessing, need 'final' hardware
        to be built to see if they work, which then gets thrown away once the next
        version has been tested, and so on.

        When I was designing analogue and digital circuits, I often wished for all
        components to be variable so I could tweak the values while the circuit was
        'running' and when it was right, write down all the numbers, rather than
        powering down, replacing one or more components, powering up, attaching
        probes again etc.

        Andrew Wall (aka quamrana)
        Still not doing XP

        "CHRIS BROWN" <knightstreet@...> wrote in message
        No RF (Radio) design that I know of can be developed on a breadboard.
        Technology has advanced a long way and maybe a spike would be carried out on
        a breadbord for a concept but some circuits just will not work on a
        breadboard.