Re: [XP] ANN: Three weeks left for Agile 2010 Submissions!

  • William Pietri
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
      Thanks for the reply, Cory. One request:

      On 01/29/2010 07:55 PM, Cory Foy wrote:
      > I understand. I think the problems are in all of the dead tree materials
      > that must be posted. In addition, the producers have to pull together
      > all of the sessions, handle scheduling conflicts, slot everything
      > correctly and get everyone notified in time so they don't get booked out
      > on something else.

      If the dead-tree stuff is the major issue, perhaps we're ready to shift
      away from that? E.g., tentpole content gets printed, but the rest is
      electronic.

      Perhaps on the conference survey you could ask people what kind of
      mobile device they carry, and whether having the schedule and session
      details on there would be sufficient? That wouldn't be hard to do, and
      that would give us some good data for next year.

      > But I agree - maybe we should open a pre-submissions system right after
      > the conference to capture those ideas. Of course, if I say too much I'm
      > going to end up chairing the conference, so I'll let you talk amongst
      > yourselves. ;)

      Heh. I understand completely. Thanks for answering.

      William