Re: [XP] Seeking XP myths

  • Bill Caputo
    Message 1 of 147 , Jan 19, 2010
      On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Charlie Poole
      <cpoole@...> wrote:
      > Which leads me to my own favorite myth:
      >
      > "Agile is a set of practices"
      >
      > Charlie

      Brilliant. May I quote you? This ties into a blog entry that's brewing
      in the back of my brain.

      Bill
    • Tim Ottinger
      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 1, 2010
        > I can't speak for Tim, but the direction I was going is that while a manager
        > really should act more like a scrum master does, she should not be acting in the
        > capacity of a scrum master. There are dynamics about the manager/managed
        > relationship that, even if you mean well, are there. Now the question as to
        > whether there should even be such a person as a manager is a different, and much
        > longer and livelier, discussion.

        That spoke my intention very well.
        There are formal and informal power structures, and they have their places.
        They need to be respected.