Re: [XP] What happens to stories?

  • Craig Davidson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 24, 2009
      Hi George,

      I see some commonalities, dependent on the Customer and the type of story.

      At a high level there are rarely problems with the conformation criteria,
      as (with the teams I work with) we take the attitude that the confirmation
      IS the story.

      Actually, I am slightly skeptical of the view of structured text on the
      card,
      you know the stuff along the lines of...
      "As an introvert,
      I want to write requirements on cards,
      so that I can avoid the conversation".
      While context is important, I don't think a 3x5 card is the place to look
      for it.

      Make the cards look like requirements and they'll be treated as
      requirements.
      Make them look like placeholders and they'll be treated as placeholders.

      One of the biggest surprises for me was the general apathy towards automated
      tests from Customers.
      Especially, behind the GUI tests.
      I can understand it though, many approaches are quite dull, and an expert
      Customer/Product Owners are often very busy.

      One challenge then is to make customer tests interesting.
      I wrote some notes about that a few years back if you are interested....
      http://www.agileadvisor.com/2007/12/keeping-customer-tests-interesting.html

      Cheers,

      Craig