Re: [XP] Distributed agile Requirement Engineering framework

  • Chris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 22, 2009
      On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:58 PM, wasim awan <wasi_msse@...> wrote:

      > Hi All
      > Thanks for showing your intrest,
      > Basically my idea was introducing theoretical Framework for RE Process
      > Methodology
      > (E.g. RE process Development Methodology, RE Process Assessment Model,
      > Methodology For RE Techniques, Process Development Methodology) For
      > Globally Distributed SCRUM.
      > Kindly tell me such a Theoretical Framework exist or not in Literature and
      > if not than have a Kind look is it Fruitful idea? Give Only Encourage
      > please

      I would encourage you to:

      1) Go to your university library and conduct a literature search on lean
      principles, requirements engineering, agile process, and anything else that
      you can think of that would either a) show what has been written or b) show
      what gaps exist.

      2) Step back and ask whatever questions would lead towards a 'Framework for
      RE Process Methodology'.

      3) Ask about the theoretical underpinnings of agile, lean, SCRUM, and see if
      that leads anywhere

      4) Read everything you can about qualitative research and developing
      theories based on subjective inquiry. You will end up exploring things like
      the development of grounded theories, phenomenological inquiry, narratives,
      ethnography, coding results, and the like. *** This will be VERY important
      if you stand any chance of understanding why things work they way they work
      on agile teams and projects, and this includes the way agile teams deal with
      requirements - for instance, you can't develop a framework without asking
      'why' certain requirements are chosen, and you can't get a numerical answer
      to that question ****

      5) Finally, before you ask another question, SHOW that you have done some
      WORK in this area. I'd encourage you to show that you are at least as
      engaged in this stuff as the rest of those on this list are. To date, you
      have come asking questions, but you have not show an interest in responding
      to queries. Do not expect others here to do your work for you; come armed
      with your literature search, your method of inquiry, your thesis, and your
      hypothesis regarding results, and you will, by those actions, show
      engagement and likely that will result in reciprocal engagement.

      Chris.

    • keithwdssg
      Message 43 of 43 , Dec 30, 2009
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, wasim awan <wasi_msse@...> wrote:

        > HI all
        >
        > Here is another Two Research Questions
        > “How should the agile practices be applied to distributed
        > Projects?” And
        > What the most effective agile practices are for distributed
        > use?
        >  These Question discrube by the Maria Paasivaara and Casper Lassenius in there Ieee paper Could Global Software Development Benefit from Agile Methods?

        I say that global software development can benefit form Agile methods. Agile methods won't work as well in that setting as they will in a co-located setting, but they will work better than almost anything else will, for most kinds of software development.

        You might want to look at my 2005 papers describing successful globally distributed Agile development. http://www.keithbraithwaite.demon.co.uk/professional/papers/index.html

        Keith