Re: Designing and documenting in XP

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 5, 2009
      zdnfa wrote:

      > We, is a team working for the governement of Syria in the Ministry of Finance.

      Way! (That means, roughly, "Good show!")

      To "hit the "reset button" on the economy, programmers must coach our own
      superiors to help us work smarter not harder; and to enforce feedback in all our
      transactions. For each business rule they order us to implement, we respond with
      functional tests that document how their new rule will affect their economy.

      We are in many ways like the "priest scribes" who ran ancient Egypt.

      --
      Phlip
      http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 6, 2009
        > what we are using right now is XP with some modification in the lifecycle
        > some practices such as the use of more documentation than what the community
        > would want to see in an XP project- this is may be due to the "government
        > context" issue.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Zaidoun

        Can your customer tests print out the regulatory compliance document?

        If I were a government regulator, I would require my compliance documents, for
        software, to be the outputs of customer tests...

        --
        Phlip