Re: Designing and documenting in XP

  • zdnfa
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Bill Caputo <list-subscriber@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM, zdnfa <zdnfa@...> wrote:
      > >> Zaidoun, who is this We you refer to in all of your posts?
      > > We, is a team working for the governement of Syria in the Ministry of Finance.
      >
      > Thank you for the clarification, like Charlie, I felt the context was
      > changing, but wasn't sure what your situation was.
      >
      > I think some of the resistance in the discussion is being directed at
      > the general nature of your proposals (i.e. I think people hear you
      > saying: "these techniques and practices, if incorporated into XP would
      > make it more widely applicable").
      >
      > Given that, I have some questions:
      > Is that your intent or is it something closer to stating these things
      > that have improved your current project(s)?
      >
      > If its the former, I think that has been addressed already and do not
      > wish to continue it, however if the latter: are the techniques and
      > practices ones you've adopted on your projects or ones that you would
      > like to?

      What I have described before, is just the techniques we already used for the past 4 years in our different projects in the government of Syria, and I wanted to see what the community says abut them

      > Finally, is your team now using XP or some variation of it, and if not
      > have you (or they) done so in the past?

      what we are using right now is XP with some modification in the lifecycle some practices such as the use of more documentation than what the community would want to see in an XP project- this is may be due to the "government context" issue.

      Thanks,
      Zaidoun

    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 5, 2009
        zdnfa wrote:

        > We, is a team working for the governement of Syria in the Ministry of Finance.

        Way! (That means, roughly, "Good show!")

        To "hit the "reset button" on the economy, programmers must coach our own
        superiors to help us work smarter not harder; and to enforce feedback in all our
        transactions. For each business rule they order us to implement, we respond with
        functional tests that document how their new rule will affect their economy.

        We are in many ways like the "priest scribes" who ran ancient Egypt.

        --
        Phlip
        http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 6, 2009
          > what we are using right now is XP with some modification in the lifecycle
          > some practices such as the use of more documentation than what the community
          > would want to see in an XP project- this is may be due to the "government
          > context" issue.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Zaidoun

          Can your customer tests print out the regulatory compliance document?

          If I were a government regulator, I would require my compliance documents, for
          software, to be the outputs of customer tests...

          --
          Phlip