Re: [XP] Re: commit messages

  • Chris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 13, 2009
      On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Kurt Häusler <kurt.haeusler@...>wrote:

      > All the auditors should care about is whether your actual process reflects
      > what is documented in the SOP, there should be an explicit procedure for
      > making improvements such as dropping wasteful requirements etc.

      Most people think ISO 9001 is simply proof that we are following the process
      that we said we'd follow. That's not the case; the standard covers
      traceability in your product - read section 7. You must be able to show
      where a requirement comes from and trace that requirement through the
      various phases of your development process. It also requires that you review
      designs, tests, requirements, etc. throughout the development life cycle.

      A comment that takes a pair less than one minute to enter into a version
      control system seems like a cheap way to implement this, no?

      Chris.

    • Chris Wheeler
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 13, 2009