Assign Story to who?

  • Steven Woody
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi,

      While tasks are supposed to be assigned to engineers, to who the story
      itself should be assigned? Or simply not assign it? Thanks.

      -- Schopenhauer

      narke
      public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody@...)
    • Cory Foy
      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 6, 2009
        Hi Steven,

        Steven Woody wrote:

        > While tasks are supposed to be assigned to engineers, to who the story
        > itself should be assigned? Or simply not assign it? Thanks.

        What we're currently playing with is that we have our large team spit
        into 4 subteams of around 11 developers/testers with a customer rep (who
        we call our business analyst). The team collectively commits to
        completing the story. In our tool (VersionOne) all stories are assigned
        to the customer rep for the team, and the tasks get picked by developers
        or testers.

        We don't track hours to story points generally - we generally look to
        see what the trends are, and do some wide range scaling to baseline
        stories.

        --
        Cory Foy
        http://www.cornetdesign.com