Re: [XP] XP Developers versus Scrum Developers

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 1 10:32 PM
      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:24 PM, D. André Dhondt
      <d.andre.dhondt@...> wrote:

      > > I refuse to define my success in a way that depends on making
      > > other people do something.
      >
      > In this case, though, isn't getting as many people into the program as
      > possible a major objective?

      Sure, the more of the community that is on board - especially
      trainers, coaches, and other known entities - the more likely that
      people will have to pay attention to what we are saying. More
      importantly, the larger the segment of the community that gets
      involved the more healthy the effort will be for the community at
      large.

      I think the problem is trying to define success in terms of trying to
      get someone else to stop doing something they are determined to do. I
      would like to stop Scrum.org from taking ownership of what the term
      "Agile Developer" means, but I think Charlie is right - we need to
      focus on what we can do.
    • D. André Dhondt
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 2 10:36 AM
        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        >why one would want to appear hireable to people who don't know
        >how to hire is an open question

        There are a lot of average developers out there that don't know how to find
        a good job, and a lot of them that don't have sufficient means to be very
        picky. They'll take what the recruiter finds for them.

        >>Maybe WeVouchFor.org...
        >Seemed like a good idea but has not caught on in
        >any very impressive way.

        As I understand it, the site was a spike, that proved the project would be
        very expensive to run, and so the project was stopped.

        --
        D. André Dhondt
        mobile: 001 33 671 034 984

        Support low-cost conferences -- http://agiletour.org/