XP Developers versus Scrum Developers

  • Francesco Cirillo
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 30, 2009
      Hi Ron,

      Just read this post of yours:

      "Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum, says publicly that perhaps only 25% of
      Scrum teams get the full benefit of Scrum. Jeff Sutherland, the other
      co-creator, says publicly that all the high-performance Scrum teams he has
      seen used XP-style practices.In those two sentences, we see a problem, and
      part of a solution. Ken Schwaber has the Scrum Alliance working on a
      possible �Certified Scrum Developer� program."

      Shouldn't they look for Skilled XP Developers?

      I am always been told that Scrum is a box: no technical skills directly
      required. A box in which you could inject technical skills - as XP. I was
      told that Scrum could be used to any creative endeavor.

      If so, it doesn't make sense to me to look for Scrum Developers, but
      probably they need XP Developers to succeed software projects.

      Ciao

      Francesco

      --
      Dott. Francesco Cirillo
      CEO XPLabs SRL - metodiagili.it

      skype: francesco-cirillo
      http://www.facebook.com/francesco.cirillo
      http://www.twitter.com/cirillof
      http://www.metodiagili.it
      http://www.agilemethods.eu
      http://cirillosscrapbook.wordpress.com
      http://www.pomodorotechnique.com

    • D. André Dhondt
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 2, 2009
        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        >why one would want to appear hireable to people who don't know
        >how to hire is an open question

        There are a lot of average developers out there that don't know how to find
        a good job, and a lot of them that don't have sufficient means to be very
        picky. They'll take what the recruiter finds for them.

        >>Maybe WeVouchFor.org...
        >Seemed like a good idea but has not caught on in
        >any very impressive way.

        As I understand it, the site was a spike, that proved the project would be
        very expensive to run, and so the project was stopped.

        --
        D. André Dhondt
        mobile: 001 33 671 034 984

        Support low-cost conferences -- http://agiletour.org/