Re: [XP] pairing time, Arlo Belshee's measurements and scientific evidence

    Message 1 of 68 , Sep 6, 2009
      Hello, Chris. On Sunday, September 6, 2009, at 7:36:58 PM, you
      wrote:

      > double blind studies or formulation of a theoretical model. I am looking for
      > more information that would lead to the characterization of factors that are
      > significant in the experiment that Arlo conducted.

      > It may be the case that I am the only person in this discussion group that
      > cares about this, and that is fine by me: I'm not going to attempt to
      > convince you that there is more that you could learn from Arlo's experiment.
      > On the other hand, I'm not going to budge from my own position just because
      > many of you eschew such an approach.

      What did he reply when you wrote him an email asking for more info?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      The rules are ways of thinking, not ways to avoid thinking.
    • Adam Sroka
      Message 68 of 68 , Sep 6, 2009
        Hi Chris:

        I, for one, am more for trying it and seeing what results I get.
        Analyzing someone else's data is considerably less interesting to me.
        It is possible that mine is more representative of the views here, but
        I'm not sure that's true. In any case, I'm fairly sure you're not
        alone, you're just the most vocal representative of that view.

        On the other hand, if you can't get access to Arlo's data in a way
        that would make it possible for you to reliably verify it, you could
        always design your own experiment to prove the part of the problem
        that is interesting to you.