Re: [XP] Pairing when you work alone

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
      > Um ... the benefits of pairing come only when pairing.
      > Ron Jeffries

      A sad "+1" on this. You can get the benefits of TDD, though. There are many benefits you can have, but you can't get the benefits of pairing without pairing. Pairing works because the other person is an other person.

      If you know another singleton programmer, maybe you could pair on your stuff a day or two a week and on his stuff another day or two. That's "community" and is iffy stuff if other people own your work (NDAs and the like) or you can't trust each other. But maybe those are things you can work through after all.

      I remote pair. That's not as good as live pairing, but it is still pairing and I can learn/teach while producing that way. It has helped me.

      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/