Streamlining Scrum with Kanban - Thursday, August 6th @ 6PM

  • June Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      Streamlining Scrum: Welcome to the world of Just-In-Time development.

      So you've taken the first step out of the waterfall; you've started to
      implement Scrum and are seeing the advantages of having shorter cycles,
      greater transparency, and the many other benefits of Agile software
      development, but you still want more?

      Come find out:
      How we reduced our cycle times so we could respond quickly to customer
      requests, providing a new and fully working release within 2 days. You'll
      also learn how to use this to strengthen the relationship with your
      customers, how we increased transparency to expose the bottlenecks in our
      company, and how you too can remove those bottlenecks to increase your
      productivity.

      This is a talk for the whole team, focusing on the process of Just-In-Time
      development, Kanban, and Lean, given by Dan Gilkerson, who has been actively
      working in an Agile company doing Scrum for the last 4 years.

      This is an open meeting; invite anyone you think might be interested. Please
      RSVP to cnett858@... if you plan to attend.

      This meeting will take place at The Linkery in North Park. Here are
      directions: http://www.xpsd.org/cgi-bin/wiki?TheLinkery
      An optional beer & grub social will follow the meeting, at the same
      location, at 7:30.

      http://xpsd.org