RE: [XP] Re: iterations vs kanban Value Stream

  • kentb
    Message 1 of 187 , Aug 3, 2009
      I'm not sure what "the" answer is, but I would use it to visualize
      unevenness in the creation of value (too much programming and not enough
      testing, for example).

      In talking with David Anderson, I got the impression that he had used kanban
      as a technique in a very specific circumstance to solve very specific
      problems. It worked great. Now the community is trying to figure out what
      about that situation, the problems they had, and the solutions they used are
      universal and what are particular. This is a familiar exercise, since that's
      basically what we've been doing with the C3 experience. Some of the
      universals are surprising, as are some of the particulars.

      Regards,

      Kent

      _____

      Message 187 of 187 , Aug 10, 2009
        Hello, davenicolette. On Monday, August 10, 2009, at 7:52:58 PM,
        you wrote:

        >> Seems to me this is a quite valid thing to do, but that it's still
        >> managing scope.

        > That's fine. I don't want to get into a circular debate about
        > words. The key thing IMO is that we understand how to work with
        > that type of trade-off to the customer's benefit.

        Yep!

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Accroche toi a ton reve. --ELO