Re: [XP] Re: iterations vs continuous flow and kanban ...

    Message 1 of 187 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hello, Karl. On Sunday, August 2, 2009, at 2:10:51 PM, you wrote:

      > I'm wondering where you had your experience of using a Kanban System for
      > Software Development. It sounds very different from mine. Did you have a
      > coach experienced with using Kanban Systems? The Kanban based approach I
      > use has very little in common with manufacturing, maps and improves an
      > existing value stream, and creates value through human creativity.

      We have talked before about how many examples of kanban look like
      waterfall. That might be a contributor.

      And of course a good coach is always of value. But most of the world
      seems to learn from books papers articles word of mouth. There's a
      lesson in there, I suppose ...

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Improvement stops when we start believing that
      ideas about how to improve are insulting.
      Message 187 of 187 , Aug 10, 2009
        Hello, davenicolette. On Monday, August 10, 2009, at 7:52:58 PM,
        you wrote:

        >> Seems to me this is a quite valid thing to do, but that it's still
        >> managing scope.

        > That's fine. I don't want to get into a circular debate about
        > words. The key thing IMO is that we understand how to work with
        > that type of trade-off to the customer's benefit.

        Yep!

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Accroche toi a ton reve. --ELO