Re: [XP] Re: iterations, continuous flow, kanban ...

    Message 1 of 187 , Jul 31, 2009
      Hello, Chris. On Thursday, July 30, 2009, at 9:30:35 PM, you
      wrote:

      >> You say the goal was not to eliminate iterations. Did you observe
      >> any change in what might be iteration-based "pressure"? I'm guessing
      >> not, given the situation, but curious.

      > I'm not 100% sure what you mean by iteration pressure. I think you mean,
      > "Did the team still feel a pressure to commit to a set of features and
      > deliver them?" If that's the question, then I'll say no, there was no
      > change- the team still had to make and meet commitments. What did change was
      > the teams confidence in delivering the features that they said they would
      > deliver. And they found it was easier (after a few months) to do a quick
      > daily plan - they would get the status of each WIP story, load the kanban,
      > and deliver. This replaced one big weekly iteration meeting. However, the
      > team still had to show that they were delivering according the release plan.

      Why might going to kanban have increased their confidence?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Those who believe complexity is elegant or required don't understand
      the problem. -- John Streiff
      Message 187 of 187 , Aug 10, 2009
        Hello, davenicolette. On Monday, August 10, 2009, at 7:52:58 PM,
        you wrote:

        >> Seems to me this is a quite valid thing to do, but that it's still
        >> managing scope.

        > That's fine. I don't want to get into a circular debate about
        > words. The key thing IMO is that we understand how to work with
        > that type of trade-off to the customer's benefit.

        Yep!

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Accroche toi a ton reve. --ELO