Re: [XP] Re: 2009 Agile Practice Adoption Survey -- Chance to Win a Copy of "Stand Back and Deliver"

  • Fernando Cuenca
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 28 1:24 PM
      On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM, woynam<woyna@...> wrote:

      > I believe the abandonment of burndowns is directly tied to the failure to
      > deliver working software each iteration.

      I have observed another variation of this: lack of agreement on how to
      define "done-done." When different members of the team (both dev and
      business) work towards different interpretation of what "done" mean,
      you reach a point where it is very difficult to actually track where
      you really are. At the end of the iteration you have lots of loose
      ends mixed up with stories that are really "done", but some of those
      were "done" within this iteration, whereas others are carry overs,
      etc, so the chart doesn't really reflect progress towards a clear end
      goal.

      Saludos!
      Fernando.