Introduction to Extreme Programming - Thursday, July 2nd @ 6PM

  • June Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      eXtreme Programming San Diego's next meeting is this Thursday, July 2nd.
      John Arrizza will be giving an introduction to XP from 6-7:30PM, and we will
      have optional beer & food over further discussion afterwards, at the same
      location.

      In his talk, "Introduction to XP", John will contrast Extreme Programming
      with typical Software Engineering methodologies to show that XP has,
      inherent in it's core principles, solid, well-known Software Engineering
      activities. He will then present the 12 XP principles, showing an overview
      of a typical XP development cycle, all followed by a question and answer
      session. This presentation will target Software Development Managers or
      Developers who are familiar with development issues and problems, but is
      open to all who are looking at XP to help solve their software development
      problems, as well as those who are just curious about what XP is all about.

      This is an open meeting; invite anyone you think might be interested. Please
      RSVP to joonspoon@... if you plan to attend.

      Please note that this meeting will take place at our NEW location at The
      Linkery in North Park. Here are directions:
      http://www.xpsd.org/cgi-bin/wiki?TheLinkery
      And to whet your appetite, The Linkery are having a special beer/food
      pairing tomorrow: http://thelinkery.com/blog/summer-beer-pairing/

      http://xpsd.org
      http://www.arrizza.com/