Kate Oneal: Funding Susan's Projects

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2009
      Susan Prior drops in on Kate to talk about some new products she
      would like developed.

      http://xprogramming.com/xpmag/kate-oneal-funding-susans-projects.htm

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Thousands of years ago, the first man discovered how to make fire.
      He was probably burned at the stake he had taught his brothers to
      light - Howard Roark (The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand)
    • Nicolas Dermine
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
        Hi Ron,

        I enjoyed the Kate stories very much when I read them last summer and
        was very glad when I learnt you'd written a new one.

        It's good... my employer could learn from it. We have too many
        projects running at the same time, with only one or two developers
        assigned to each project at a time, a bit crazy.

        Just a sentence that I do not understand, maybe a word is wrong or
        something is missing :

        "And the total cost of the projects you are asking for is between
        $375,000 if we use the development estimates."

        have a nice day,
        nico

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
          Hello, Nicolas. On Monday, June 29, 2009, at 11:42:30 PM, you
          wrote:

          > Just a sentence that I do not understand, maybe a word is wrong or
          > something is missing :

          > "And the total cost of the projects you are asking for is between
          > $375,000 if we use the development estimates."

          Thanks, paragraph changed:

          > “Yes. So even that revenue is a big chunk of the cost of doing
          > Ruby, and of course we’re already covered by Obsidian. So by the
          > end of the three projects, we would see $500,000 in revenue, and
          > it would all fall into this fiscal year. And the total cost of the
          > projects you are asking for is around $375,000 if we use the
          > development estimates. Even with six developers, we are looking at
          > expenses of about 3/4 of 600K, or 450K for the nine months. See
          > the difference?”

          www.xprogramming.com/blog
          You are to act in the light of experience as guided by intelligence.
          -- Nero Wolfe