Re: [XP] Pair Programming problem: 3 pros 2 cons. What to do?

  • Chris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 4, 2009
      On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Michael Dubakov <firefalcon@...> wrote:

      > We have 5-person development team and tried pair programming 3 months ago.
      > 3 developers like it, while 2 other don't (and quite aggressively vote
      > against PP). These 2 people who do not like PP are very experienced
      > developers. Obviously we don't want to fire them.
      >
      > What will you do in this case?

      Don't worry about - let those who pair, pair, and those who don't, let them
      work at the same table. With TDD, working at the same table, continuous
      integration, and the constant chatter about design, it's my opinion, based
      on my experience, that pairing or not pairing doesn't really make much of a
      difference.

      Chris.

    • Charlie Poole
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 9, 2009
        Also, do *not* just decide to pair and do it without
        some in-depth discussion of how to do it. Developers
        tend to think it's "obvious" but it isn't always so.

        Charlie