OT : Software Engineering Internship

  • pimburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hi XP Group,

      I am a long time subscriber and infrequent poster. I wanted to let you know about a Software Engineering internship available. If you know a talented CS student or junior engineer please pass this along. Here are the details:

      SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP at ELFSTER:
      Elf Wanted : Software Engineering Internship
      Part time or full time.

      LOCATION:

      Telecommute OK and/or Company Headquarters, Jack London Square, Oakland, CA

      INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION:

      The software engineer intern will be immersed in a world of professional development working directly with seasoned engineers. You will have an opportunity to learn and understand how a distributed, multi talented team collaborates to build great software.

      A great engineer is like a great elf. They take pride in their work, are committed to excellence and improvement in everything they do, and know how to work well with others. A passion for building great things will get you far and your internship at Elfster will help tap that passion while setting you up for a rewarding future in product development.

      FUNCTIONS:

      The software engineer intern will collaborate on design and implement technologies to delight Elfster's 1,000,000 + user base.

      • Research and create proof of concept "spikes" of potential technologies for integration into the Elfster system.
      • Implement new features and enhance existing technologies.
      • Potential application aspects include:

      o Social networking apps and plug ins (e.g. Facebook Apps/ Facebook Connect),
      o Mobile technologies (e.g. IPhone Apps),
      o Browser plug-ins, Bookmarklets
      o Core web site development.

      QUALIFICATIONS:

      We are looking for the most promising candidates. Candidates will have the following qualifications:

      • Entrepreneurial spirit.
      • Excellent academic record.
      • Current college undergraduate students or graduate students in computer science or related experience.
      • Passion for superior product design.
      • Humility, integrity, passion, and a self-starter attitude
      • Experience with some of the following technologies: HTML, Javascript, AJAX, Relational Databases, C#, Java, IPhone SDK, Facebook Applications, Twitter API, JSON, REST, SOAP, Internet Gaming

      ABOUT ELFSTER:

      Gift-giving 2.0 - Elfster provides fun and easy tools for group gift giving, like Secret Santa. With 1 million visitors over the past year and traffic doubling each year since our launch in 2004, Elfster is on a mission to help people experience the joy of giving, one of the most basic and essential human interactions. Oh yeah, and we love to have sneaky fun, too!

      APPLICATION:

      Please email your resume and cover letter to intern@.... In addition, please tell us your favorite site on the web and explain why you love it. You may also call for more info 510.343.5660.