[ANN] Scum Board Game workshop at XP 2009

  • Stefan van den Oord
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2009
      Hi all,

      As you probably know, in less than two weeks (May 25) XP2009 will
      start in Sardinia, Italy (http://www.xp2009.org). Myself and Wim van
      de Goor will give a workshop there about the scrum board, called the
      "Scrum Board Game". The workshop is for people who don't really know
      that much about a scrum board yet, and who want to learn about a way
      to visualize all kinds of issues in their teams. Not only developers
      will find it interesting, but also testers, project managers,
      customers, etc.

      Besides insightful, the workshop is also a lot of fun! You will be a
      team member on a pasta construction project. We will be your customer,
      and we want to know how you're doing, if you will make the deadline,
      if you can take extra work, etc. Using spaghetti, macaroni, and other
      pasta, you will construct furniture. We will help you discover how a
      Scrum Board can give your team and the customer insight in what's
      happening. You will learn that a Scrum Board gives visibility,
      clarity, improves quality, and is fun to use!
      We will have a limited number of participants, so be in time. Our
      workshop is scheduled on Friday 29, starting at 10:30.

      Hope to see you there!

      Stefan van den Oord
      Wim van de Goor

      ---

      About the organizers:

      Stefan van den Oord became interested in XP in 2003. He introduced a
      number of XP practices in his company. In 2007, he joined SES (Philips
      MiPlaza), an organization with more than 8 years of experience with XP
      and Scrum. At Camp Scrum he learned the value of a Scrum Board. He now
      considers it an essential part of software development. His runs his
      own projects in an Agile manner, and coaches other teams.

      Wim van de Goor is an Agile Software Team Leader at SES (Philips
      MiPlaza). He has more than 7 years of experience with XP and Scrum. He
      is eager to discover and try new practices. The Scrum Board was a
      successful practice that he started using in a complex project. Wim is
      also an Agile mentor and is involved in relentless improvement of the
      SES organization.