ANN: May 29 Workshop @ XP2009: Explaining the obvious - How do you teach Agile?

  • Erik Lundh
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2009
      How do we help people "get" everything from fundamental engineering
      practices to how to agile can fundamentally change a whole business for the
      better?

      How do we "Explain the obvious"?

      How do you teach Agile?

      Agile is now a hot topic and many organizations decide on adopting "agile"
      without really knowing how and why.

      This workshop will explore how fresh and seasoned agile coaches teach
      traditional and novel agile concepts, by example, with discussions.

      We invite all workshop participants to share the proven and try the unproven
      with your peers.

      Bring your best moves, short takes on how to teach and interact with
      managers, developers, product managers, project managers and of course were
      most of us started, with developers. We prefer if you give us elevator
      speeches and lightning talks. If you need more time than that, use it
      wisely.

      I will bring some of my own greatest hits from 10 years of successful
      XP/Agile coaching in everything form startups to large agile transitions. My
      largest agile transition sofar being 2300 people at 10 sites in 5 countries
      on three continents. (Then you run into serious cultural issues trying to
      maintain a consistent message about the meaning of agile across the whole
      organization.)

      This workshop on May 29 is free to attend for all participants of the XP2009
      conference in Sardinia 25-29 of May.

      www.xp2009.org <http://www.xp2009.org/>

      /Erik Lundh

      Agile Coaches Guild