Re: [XP] Certification on eXtreme Programming

  • jo_andp
    Message 1 of 94 , May 4, 2009
      Yeah there is not doubt that experience plays a key role in software development when you have experience doing some thing you don't ask questions like I did, for sure. AI looks so useful for some current issues we where having lasts days.. Pair programming I really think is exponential code improve on real time!
      "This process, Appreciative Inquiry, helps reduce the risk that you get into a mess because you are always doing something that is similar to something you've done before. " That's not true at all, if you can create a relationship toward a new situation so closer, there will be others that are impossible to match or at least a correlaction so low and pour. Making even trying to get us in a imaginary situation trying to find a match when when can become a problem losing focus, on solve our real current problem.
      Kind regards,
    • Adrian Howard
      Message 94 of 94 , May 8, 2009
        On 6 May 2009, at 04:08, Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > Hello, Adrian. On Tuesday, May 5, 2009, at 11:37:58 AM, you wrote:
        >
        >> That said, my perception is that the odds of getting a bad candidate
        >> at interview increase if they have certifications listed on their
        >> resume.
        >
        >> My post hoc rationalisation for this experiences is not so much
        >> related to the certification programme itself (although many of them
        >> have severe problems), but to the sort of folk they can attract.
        >
        >> The less creative, by-the-book, list-following developer seems to see
        >> certification programmes as a way to prove their competence. The more
        >> creative, problem-oriented, passionate developers seem to spend their
        >> free chunk of career development time building something cool, or
        >> learning erlang, or contributing to open source projects or...
        >
        > Interesting model. I can see how it might be.

        Not sure that it is mind - I'm often wrong :)

        Adrian